Google Analytics… You Don’t Always Get What You Pay For
I never cease to be amazed my how much value I derive almost every waking hour of every day thanks to Google products. Be it the apps on my android, my chrome browser, my integrated suite of gmail, google contacts and google calendar, or the myriad of ways I use google docs professionally or socially (including sports-team coordination)— Google has helped to make my life better. I am sure I am paying the price because they have all my data. I might live to regret it down the road, but for now it’s a sweet deal.
Then there’s Google analytics, a powerful tool that keeps coming at you the deeper you drill. Here’s a powerful 10min video that overviews the many ways New Market Entrepreneurs can leverage GoogAnalytics to run their web-based business and social media efforts. In this video Avinash Kaushik, the digital marketing evangelist for Google and author of Web Analytics 2.0 explains how your social media activity influences the behavior of your business audience to help you improve your results.
Be sure to check out the takeaways below after you watch the video.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- What you should monitor on Google Analytics and why
- How to quickly identify bad landing pages
- What “bounce rates” are and the problems they highlight
- How to define outcomes and conversions
- How to monitor people for different purposes
- What the connection is between Google and social media
- How Google Analytics can help you understand your social media results
- What metrics businesses need to follow on social media
- How to quantify your social media efforts to improve your results
- Why you should monitor the wave of retweets instead of individual retweets